Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Can you do me a Favor!

Only 3 more days until my daughter's 1st birthday and I am super excited! I still have so much to do for her party, but I can't wait! If you are like me and have a party coming up, these will make the perfect party favor (and may even be the talk of the party, except of course your little birthday prince or princess). The best part about these is that you can make them into "moths" for a boy themed bug party, or "butterflies" for a princess theme girly party! I made these for my daughter's party and they are super easy to make and super cute! Your kids can even help too, if they don't eat all the candy first :)

To start off all you need is:
Candy (whatever goes best with your theme, I used Jelly Beans)
Clothespins
Ziploc bags
Pipe Cleaners
Glue
Decorations (Googly eyes, glitter, markers, paint, etc.)
Scissors


Now that you have all your supplies lets begin!
Start by filling you ziploc bag with candy, I put 34 pieces in mine.

Now split the candy in half and take a piece of the pipe cleaner and twist off in the middle of the bag to look like this:
*This will be your wings*

Now it's time to decorate the clothespin! This will be the body of the butterfly, so you can make it look however you would like it to! I gave mine eyes, and I used the pipe cleaners for antennae and I gave it a puff nose! Get Creative!

Now just place the center of the bag in the clip of the clothespin and you have your Butterfly Party favor!
After I looked at this picture I decided he needed a mouth! So I gave him one with blue glitter glue!

He didn't look to happy before, but now he is all smiles!

Have fun and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment