Sunday, July 31, 2011

Sunday Shirredness!

Every weekend seems to just fly by. Saturday and Sunday just never seem to last long enough. I had a semi eventful weekend, mostly filled with sewing! How was yours? Was it filled with anything fun, or just relaxing?

I'm working on getting things ready for my Etsy shop, i'm a little further behind than I want to be. Getting this store ready is a little bit harder than I thought it was going to be :(
So, back to this this weekends sewing... I have a couple tutorials ready for you this week! Exciting, I know! Hehe. While I was working on those tutorials, I took a break to look around a little bit in the blog world, and I found this great tutorial from Sugar Bee Crafts for this cute Shirred Pocket Skirt that I just had to try! I have never sewn with elastic thread before, so I figured now was the perfect time! I however made it a little smaller for my daughter, and I haven't tried to put a pocket on it. You should go check this tutorial out, she gives some great tips for shirring! (Also she has the same name as me, which I think is pretty cool!)

Here's a picture of my first shirred skirt!

 It was a lot easier, and took a lot less time than I thought it would!



Have a good rest of what's left of your weekend, and have a wonderful Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment